Last updated: November 25, 2020
Sativa Media recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of every user who visits our website. We value your privacy and appreciate your trust immensely in us. Sativa Media endeavours to provide a secure and reliable environment for its users. We are committed to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared. Sativa Media doesn’t collect your personal data unless you agree to share information with us. Here, we outline what we do with information provided to us by the users of Sativa Media and its services.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Sativa Media may collect information from users at various stages from registration on the website by the users to submission of content by the users or while the user is accessing/using services. The information collected may be personally identifiable information or other information. You may choose to not provide the information if you do not wish to use Sativa Media or its services. If you visit Sativa Media just to browse or read or download information, we will not gather or store personally identifiable information about your visit automatically.
- Personally Identifiable Information: “Personal information” of a person means any information which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available is capable of identifying such person. Personally identifiable Information collected may include your name, image, mailing address, email address, phone number and demographic information such as gender, nationality, postcode and other personal information including but not limited to date, time or place of birth, location, interests, preferences, likes and dislikes, and usage information. It is the information which you voluntarily share with us on the website. Sativa Media collects Personally Identifiable Information only if you voluntarily submit such information to us or provide access to such information by connecting to social networking sites.
- Automatically Collected Information: Information such as your computer’s IP address, cookies, browser information, pages you visit on the website, time spent on each page, other actions on the website, timezone setting, country location etc. are collected automatically. We may also use third party analytics tools which would analyze this information.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Shared content: See the ‘Content contribution guidelines and policy’ for all the content contributed on the website.
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment with Sativa Media, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time subject to the statutory requirements for time being in force (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
After cancellation/termination of your account, we will store your personal information only for the time in accordance with law and statutory requirements.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on Sativa Media, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Sativa Media adopts appropriate data collection, storage, control and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, passwords etc. All necessary security protocols like restricted access to your information, security scans, encryptions and other industry standards on information security management are adhered to ensure the safety of your personal information. Please note that no method of information transmission on the internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is stored with Sativa Media in a safe place. Please note that it is not shared, given, rented or sold to any other third parties or persons. However, there might be few exceptions as listed below:
Sativa Media may share your Information with a third party without obtaining your prior consent in the following limited circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share information with vendors providing contractual services to us, such as hosting vendors. We also may share your information, including your payment information, as appropriate to process your payments for the services or complete a transaction, if any.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Corporate Transaction : We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganisation. You will be notified of such changes and you have an option to terminate your account if such changes are not acceptable to you.
- We reserve the right to share information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users of Sativa Media, including, for example, aggregated demographic data about how they are using our services.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Sativa Media may collect and use your personal information and other information for business and/or non-commercial purposes. Sativa Media may use the information for the following purposes:
- Your email address and password may be used to identify you while logging into the website. Sativa Media may use your personal information to control your access to the website as well as use of Sativa Media and Services, to communicate with you, customize your experience of using website and and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that Sativa Media may send from time to time, and provide information that may be useful or interesting based on the content and personally identifiable information. Your email address may be used to send user information, administrative information, changes in account settings and any changes to the website or its services or updates on new policies of Sativa Media. Apart from this, if you choose to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive periodic emails that may relate to company news, related product or service information, etc. Your email address may also be used for responding to any of the inquiries, questions, and/or any other requests made by you. If at any time You want to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Sativa Media has included detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or you may contact Sativa Media through the website.
- Sativa Media may further use the collected information to analyse the use of the website or services, and the people visiting and using the website, for the purpose of improving the features of Sativa Media. We may use your information to analyse your use of the website for providing you customized content, advertisements and features. Information provided by you helps Sativa Media in responding to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Sativa Media may use information in the aggregate to understand how users, as a group are using the website and/or services. Sativa Media may use the personal information provided by the user to prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of the Terms of Service and any applicable laws.
- Sativa Media may use your Information to analyse your use of the website and services and the people visiting and using the website and services for improving the features of the website and services. While accessing, using or installing the website and/or services, your Information may also be accessible to third parties whose SDKs (Software Development Kits) are included in the website. These SDKs may use your information for generic analytical, and other purposes.
- Sativa Media may also use your information for market research purposes and may share your information with its affiliated businesses. Sativa Media may also use your information for targeted advertising, targeted content delivery, and other business purposes unless you specifically opt out of such uses.
- Sativa Media may use your personally identifiable and/or other information you submit while accessing/using the website and services, providing feedback, making/submitting comments, providing inputs and/or interacting on the website and services for improving user experience on the website and in connection with services, to provide targeted content, advertising and services, and for other business and/or non-commercial purposes.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
REACH OUT TO US
For any complaint related to our services or content of the website the aggrieved person may raise the query/complaint to the email address mentioned herein of the grievance officer. Further, for any questions, complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to the processing of your information or suspected breach of these terms please reach out to us on :
Email: [email protected]